Whether you’re visiting the mountains for just Independence Day or the entire week, there are so many ways to celebrate the Fourth of July in the Poconos. Listen to live music under tall pines, get your fill of fireworks displays, and enjoy some satisfying meals. Keep reading to learn more about these events and other happenings this July Fourth in the Pocono Mountains.
From outdoor recreation to spas, you won’t want to miss everything the Poconos has to offer! Access our complimentary Pocono Mountains Vacation Guide for a thoughtful list of the best attractions and dining in the area.
What to Do for the Fourth of July in the Poconos
Where to Eat
You won’t have to worry about breakfast when you stay at Mountaintop Lodge at Lake Naomi. Every morning, you’ll wake up to a delicious, made-to-order breakfast in our Main Dining Room. As for lunch and dinner, there’s a restaurant for any crazing you might be having.
- Try Smuggler’s Cove for seafood.
- Basso Cucina Italiana Restaurant & Wine Bar serves up authentic Italian cuisine.
- Van Gilder’s Jubilee Restaurant has something for everyone.
- Visit the Lake Naomi Club clubhouse or Boulder View Tavern for dinner with a lakeside view.
- Double Cut Grill offers a fine dining experience with kid-friendly options.
Brush Up on Your History
A great way to celebrate the independence of the United States is with a history lesson. Pennsylvania plays a central role in American history, and the Poconos are no exception. Check out these museums for a day back in time.
- Asa Packer Museum
- Pocono Indian Museum
- Steamtown National Historic Site
- No. 9 Coal Mine and Museum
- Quiet Valley Living Historical Farm
- Old Jail Museum
Spend Some Time Outside
The hot summer days are perfect for getting outside and taking in the beautiful mountains. No matter the amount of excitement you’re looking for, there are countless ways to get some fresh air in the Poconos.
Listen to Live Music
From heavy metal rock to classical music and everything in-between, the Poconos will host several music festivals and upcoming concerts. Lucky for you, many of those performances are slated for the Fourth of July week and open to the public.
- Wildflower Music Festival
- Blues, Brews and BBQ
- Shawnee Community Concert Series
- Music at the Moor
- SoCal Sounds of Sublime and More Performed by Walter Lee
- Milford Music Festival
- The Maybabies
- Shawnee Riverfest
Where to Watch Fireworks
Watching fireworks light up the night sky is a must for your Fourth of July in the Poconos! There are several fireworks displays around the area on July Fourth and the days leading up to it. Many of these events also include other family fun activities.
- Each year, the town of Honesdale hosts Fireworks in the Park for free.
- Skytop Lodge hosts a Fourth of July Celebration. Parking is typically $10 per car for non-resort guests, and fireworks start at dusk.
- The Lake Ariel Volunteer Fire Company Firemans Picnic is free and includes a parade, live music, and fireworks at dusk.
- The main event is on July 4 with Fireworks Over Lake Wallenpaupack.
Celebrate at Mountaintop Lodge at Lake Naomi
Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and spend your Fourth of July in the Poconos with fresh air and green trees. Mountaintop Lodge at Lake Naomi combines recreation with relaxation. Our Lodge provides the ideal place for you to get rest while having the convenience of amenities like beaches and kayak rentals provided by the Lake Naomi Club. It’s the ultimate place for your summer vacation.
Check our availability to start planning your Independence Day getaway in the Poconos!