The beautiful Pocono Mountains make for the perfect setting to sip wine. Several vineyards and wineries offer Poconos wine tastings which enable you to indulge in the unique flavors while soaking in the views. See below for some of the best wineries to visit. Looking for other places to visit while here? Download our complimentary Vacation Guide for recommendations for great restaurants and excellent breweries in the Poconos.
The Best Poconos Wine Tastings
The Pocono Wine Trail
Following this trail will lead you to the best wineries in the Poconos. Each winery is family-owned and within a short drive from the next. Additionally, you will be able to explore the distinctive flavors of Poconos wine in vineyards framed by dramatic backdrops of sweeping vistas, lush trees, and mountains. Below are the places you can visit for wine tastings on the Pocono Wine Trail. If you would like transportation between vineyards via a Pocono Wine Trail shuttle, Pocono Wine Tours can accommodate you based on various packages.
- Blue Ridge Estate Vineyard and Winery: The tasting room at the Blue Ridge Winery overlooks sprawling, 360-degree views of the surrounding vineyards, mountains, and Christmas tree farm in the valley.
- Mountain View Vineyard: There’s a reason why this vineyard is named after its mountain views. You will also have several different kinds of wines to choose from here.
- Sorrenti Cherry Valley Vineyard: Nestled at the base of the Appalachian Mountains in Cherry Valley, this vineyard has been producing fine wine since 1981.
- The Renegade Winery: The Renegade Winery is the Poconos’ premier urban concept winery. They make their wines right in the heart of historic downtown Stroudsburg.
- RAW Urban Winery & Hard Cidery: This urban winery sources its fruits from farmers and makes their wines and ciders in a fashion similar to microbreweries; that is, in small batches intended for local consumption.
- Big Creek Vineyard: The cultivators of Big Creek vineyard take great care when caring for the grapes. This results in quality wine, which you can taste at one of three locations.
- Franklin Hill Vineyards: The tasting room of Franklin Hill Vineyard incorporates its roots by blending old world charm with modern excellence.
- Tolino Vineyards: Tour the grounds while you take in the views of the vineyards or visit the tank room when you come here for a wine tasting.
Relax at Mountaintop Lodge
Mountaintop Lodge offers excellent lodgings near the Pocono Wine Trail. Our rustic retreat sits along the shores of the beautiful Lake Naomi, flanked by tall trees and fresh mountain air. It’s the perfect place to escape from city living and reconnect with nature for a while. You can spend your time here simply relaxing on our porch or by exploring the fantastic amenities. Guests of Mountaintop Lodge also gain complimentary access to Lake Naomi Club. This means you’ll have access to pools, tennis courts, boating, fishing, sailing, and more!
Our Out and About suite is a great home base for your exploration of the Poconos. Return after a day of adventure and relax on your comfortable king-sized bed or the cozy couch. If it is a cold day, you will enjoy the warmth from the fireplace tucked into the corner. Your private bathroom is stocked with plush Turkish towels and luxurious bath products. If you’re on a romantic getaway, you can put the finishing touches on your vacation with our “I Love You” Every Day of the Year package. This package includes a vase filled with six red roses, a bottle of wine, gourmet truffles and chocolate-covered strawberries from a local chocolate shop, and two Mountaintop Lodge ceramic keepsake mugs.
This is just a sample of what Mountaintop Lodge provides. Be sure to browse all our accommodations before booking your vacation in the Pocono Mountains!