If you’re looking for the perfect place to spend your September vacation, look no further than the Poconos! This beautiful region in northeastern Pennsylvania is home to some of the best seasonal activities and events. Not to mention, the weather is just perfect this time of year. Here are four reasons why you should plan your next September trip to the Poconos!
Whether you’re looking for a family-friendly adventure or a quiet romantic getaway, the Poconos has everything you can imagine to have the perfect vacation. Start planning your trip with our free Pocono Mountains Vacation Guide! You’ll find everything you need to plan your trip no matter the season!
Top Reasons to Visit the Poconos in September
Activities to do in September
September is the perfect time to take advantage of all the outdoor activities the Poconos has to offer. The cool weather is perfect for hiking, biking, and exploring all the natural beauty this region has to offer. September is also great for catching some of the region’s best fishing. So whether you’re an experienced angler or just looking to try your hand at it, September is the perfect month to do it in the Poconos!
Events in the Poconos in September
The Poconos is a vacation destination, but it is also the home of many great events! Whether it is reoccurring concert series, historical tours, or ethnic festivals, there is always something to celebrate in September.
- End of Summer Bash Concert Series
- Hop On Hop Off Wine Trolley
- Lehigh Gorge Scenic Train Excursions
- Mount Pocono HarvestFest
- Pocono Latin Fest
- Fall Fest at Lake Genero
- Milford Presents Septemberfest
Fun Fall Activities in the Fall
For more fun ideas on things you can accomplish this fall:
- Take a nature hike through Lacawac Sanctuary
- Bike along the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
- Enjoy a scenic train ride through the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway
- Go horseback riding with the help of a local stable
- Fly through the canopy on a Zip Line Adventure
- Experience the thrill of paintball at Skirmish Paintball in Albrightsville, PA.
- Kayak or Canoe down the Delaware River
- Try and reel in a monster when you go on a guided fishing tour on a lake or river
- Take in the majestic Delaware Water Gap when you do a flyover tour
Visit Mountain Top Lodge in September
What do you think is the best time to visit the Poconos? Why the fall, of course! You can’t go wrong visiting the Poconos any time, but September is the prettiest time of the year!
Make Mountaintop Lodge at Lake Naomi your Poconos, PA, destination. We offer family-friendly accommodations like our guest rooms and cabin suites with room for the whole crew! The entire family will love the Lake Naomi Club, which you have complimentary access to with your overnight stay.
Check our availability and start planning your family fall vacation to the Pocono Mountains!